The Graduate Studies and Research Sector at the Faculty of Al-Alsun, Ain Shams University is preparing to organize the seventh scientific research forum for young researchers entitled "Literature, Language and Translation from Theory to Applied Studies". It is under the auspices of Prof. Dr. Mahmoud El-Metini, President of the University, Prof. Dr. Abdel Nasser Sengab, Vice President for Graduate Studies and Research, from 16-18 March 2020. This is stated by Prof. Dr. Salwa Rashad, Dean of the Faculty.
She pointed out that the abstracts should be submitted no later than 30 November 2019, and that the full research should be submitted no later than 30 April 2020, explaining that within the framework of developing the research process of the Faculty of Al-Alsun, and out of the confinement of scientific research in the purely theoretical framework, and to keep pace with the applied trend For the various sciences that dominate scientific research globally, the Faculty of Al-Alsun will hold the "Young Researchers Forum in Literature, Language and Translation from Theory to Applied Studies" from 16-18 March 2020.
- Root the concept of application in literature, language and translation.
- Illuminate applied fields in literature, language and translation.
- Keep up to date with global trends in application-based scientific research.
- Open the door for dialogue and discussion between researchers and scholars in different disciplines within the framework of addressing the problems raised in the areas of application in literature, language and translation.
- Open the horizons of modern applied scientific research to researchers.
- Present research models for applied studies in the fields of literature, language and translation.
The first axis: applied studies in the field of literature
- Literature and information
- Literature and tourism
- Literature and Social Sciences
- Literature and Educational Sciences
- Literature and Psychology
- Literature and political movements
- Prison literature
- Child literature
- Ecology literature
- Digital and interactive literature
- Literature, Fine Arts and Plastic Arts
- Literature and visual arts
- Literature, culture and media misinformation
- Psychological applications in literary analysis
The second axis: applied studies in the field of language
Recent applications in language include:
- Applications of linguistics in linguistic studies.
- Virtual reality applications in teaching foreign languages.
- Applications of psychology in language studies.
- Applications of social linguistics in linguistic studies.
- Computer terminology and specialized dictionaries industry.
- Modern applications in teaching Arabic to non-native speakers.
- Acquisition of language and learning between theory and practice
- Modern applications in language technology and teaching foreign languages.
- Functional grammar and its applications.
- Cognitive theories and their applications.
- Relation theory and its applications.
- Framework theory and its applications.
- Theories of metaphor and its applications
- Signal theory and its applications
- Evaluation theory and its applications
- Multimedia analysis between theory and practice
- Narrative theory and its applications
- Applications of modern linguistics in the field of social sciences.
- The meaning and theories of reading and interpretation.
- Applications of cognitive linguistics.
- Applications of modern linguistic theories in the discourse analysis.
The third axis: applied studies in the field of translation
Recent applications in translation and labor market requirements include:
- Translation platforms and development of translation project management.
- The reality and future of machine translation.
- Technological applications in interpretation.
- Terminological applications in the translation service.
- Modern theories and development of applied research in translation.
- Modern lexical applications for translation service.
- Translation between theories of academic education and labor market applications.
- Modern technological applications in the teaching of translation and training of translators.
- Specialized Translation Techniques.
- Sociology of Translation.
- Interpretation and theories of cognitive linguistics.
- Subtitle Hearing translation visible.
- Assess the quality of machine translation.
- The voice of the translator in the light of stylistic linguistic theory.
- The cultural self of the translator in the light of cultural stylistic theory.
- Translation and narrative theory.
- The gap between university institutions and the labor market in language services.
Time of the Forum:
16-18 March 2020
Submission of research abstracts by November 30, 2019
• Announcement of accepted abstracts to be delivered at the Forum 15 December 2019
• Submission of full papers by April 30, 2020
• Announced the accepted research for publication 1 June 2020.
Conditions of participation:
1. The research should be related to the themes of the forum
2. Submit the summary in the specified date in Arabic within 250 words
3. The material for the presentation should be in Arabic to circulate the statement within 2000 words (note that the presentation will be using a PPT presentation) provided that the time allocated for the presentation is 20 minutes, and 10 minutes for discussion
4. Adherence to the accepted standards for scientific research, including the following:
- Comprehensiveness of the scientific material for all components of the research (Introduction - Objectives - Methodology - Results - Recommendations)
- Use images, shapes, sound recordings or video clips to attract the attention of the audience in proportion to the scientific material presented
- Commitment to the time set for the offer
Clarity of slides (clearly typing titles and key points - background consistency - taking into account the number of lines, font size and type)
- Clarity of the researcher's voice and confidence in himself
5. Abstracts should be sent by 30 November 2019 by e-mail: Research.firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The complete research shall be written in the language of specialization and published in a special issue of Philology at the Faculty of Al-Alsun after being subjected to scientific review by specialists.
2. Completed papers should be sent in the language of specialization for scientific review no later than April 30, 2020, subject to the terms and conditions of the publication of the Philological Journal.
• The research shall be in Arabic.
• Publications accepted for publication shall be published in the language of specialization
Fees are limited to the publishing value of the Philologic Edition (for those who wish to publish their research). It will be published in a special edition - June 2020 - and a free accredited certificate of participation will be provided.